Monday, January 2, 2012

happy new year!

well, it's been one year and one day since i joined blogland. i'm not sure i thought so many people would be interested in my ho-hum life. but it turns out, i inspire people from time to time. i know i'm inspired by some of the amazing talent on the world wide web, so i'm glad i can be part of the circle.

some of my personal highlights?

our grassy paver patio: the landscaping, new French drain, and the raised garden beds...

being featured on knock-off decor for my jonathan adler inspired chevron painted rug...



the surprise letters from my mom. did i tell you that a grandson of Ms. Minnie Lee found my blog over the holidays and contacted me? he sent me photos of the house in the 30s...from her wedding day! what a small crazy world this is. more on that to come...



two weddings: my mom and my sister (complete with party pennants)

we added some features to the main living area in our house with board + batten in the dining room and industrial reclaimed shelves in the living room...

the dog got into stuff. a lot.

we bought the new wheels.


we were blessed with a houseful of family for thanksgiving...


we rang in the new year before checking out the STS9 show at the Tabernacle.



and now, we're relaxing before we return to the grind tomorrow.
here's to a fabulous 2012!


1 comment:

  1. I adore your patio so much! You’ve given your patio a whole new life. The raised garden beds are such a nice addition – they give the space a refreshing atmosphere! This inspires me to give my patio a new look. ->Shona Martinez

    ReplyDelete