Sunday, March 6, 2011

sun[day] in my belly [and toes]

this sunday's been a special treat! it started with brunch with my in-laws at the delicious sun in my belly. this hardware store-turned-catering biz isn't just a breakfast hotspot anymore. they have occasional supper club dinners ($5 corkage on byob--can't beat that!), and they've actually held a wedding or two in the eclectic charming space. we're lucky to have it in the 'hood.

 
cricket's folks treated us to breakfast, yum. i had the quiche special, and well, ate too fast to take pics. here's a sample of what cricket + mama cricket had. pop had the challah french toast, topped with bananas foster. yep. yum. again, my shutter speed was too slow to catch it before it disappeared.
[the kirkwood plus side of potatoes. best. bacon. evah.]

[shrimp + grits with sausage patties. oh yeah.]

after brunch, the fellas tackled a small honey-do chore while the girls headed for pedicures. i had to get my toes in shape for the beach this weekend. a spa pedi, a chair massage, + a glass of wine with my mom-in-law was a perfect start to a lazy, dreary, sunday. more please!!!

[beach ready toes]

No comments:

Post a Comment