- the amount of space. almost 2,000 square feet in a 3 bed, 2 bath bungalow
- the craftsmanship. even though the original house probably had zero character, the developer did an amazing job adding character--and making it seem original. we have stained glass transoms [three, actually], craftsman details in the mouldings throughout, beautiful beveled glass doors, + hardwood floors in great condition.
- the master suite. the home was originally a 60's ranch until said developer came in, blew the top off of it, and built an amazingly huge master suite upstairs. clawfoot tub, dual shower, double vanity, MASSIVE walk-in closet, and a bedroom that's freakishly huge. hence, part of our current design struggle.
- the open floor plan. the living and kitchen are divided by a wall and joined by a dining nook. the kitchen was top-notch
- gutters. the drainage issue sucks + the crawl space floods.
- baby blue ceilings. yep, all of the rooms had baby blue ceilings. i suppose it went well with the previous owners baby blue suede sofa set.
- landscaping. we need a fence + some interest in the back yard. once spring arrives, we hope to tackle this monkey.
|living room from entry|
|living room from stairway|
|kitchen into living|
|dining into kitchen|
|master bedroom looking at closet|
|master bedroom looking toward bath|
|backyard (not our shed)|